Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Shane in Florence, Kentucky #98 (Banality of daily life)

My girlfriend and I tried to knock over a liquor store in 2007. The plan was, she manned the door while I held up the cashier. We rolled into this ancient spot off of the parkway that I knew wouldn't have cameras and I stuck my gun into the face of this older black guy who had a bad stutter. He stammered out that “the money's in a drop box under the register” and he reached down there, raising up quick as a cornered rattlesnake with a shotgun that blew a hole in my right shoulder. Then he turned the gun on my girl and shot her in the stomach. He walked over to where I was leaning against a wine rack and started smashing my face in with the butt of his gun. When I came to, I was handcuffed to a hospital bed and they told me that my girlfriend had bled to death on the floor of that joint. Bet that nasty old prick waited a while before he called the cops, sat down in the middle of the floor and just watched us bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment