Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mercedes in Beckley, West Virginia #55 (Sorrow)

I found out I was pregnant 3 weeks before my 16th birthday. The daddy was a shit for brains 18 year old drop out who talked me into snorting oxycontin at a party and then fucked me when I was half out of it. God there's a sort of sick loneliness in this world and even when my mom and daddy and that fucking junkie were desperately trying to talk me into having an abortion I kept thinking about how it was gonna be nice it was gonna be to always have someone with me that I love. In the soft glow of an early fall evening I was carrying groceries in and felt this cramping pain in my stomach and I collapsed in the driveway. My mom called an ambulance and they hauled me off to the hospital; the whole way there I was hemorrhaging this rusty brown blood and crying softly as I felt my child dying in my agonized womb. When I got to the hospital, the doctor told us what I already knew: I'd lost my baby. That pill head fuck up really dodged a bullet when he knocked me up, huh? (Chris Hodge)

No comments:

Post a Comment